10 Reasons why the Replacement Refs should be replaced…
Written by Fantasy Furnace
Week #3 in the NFL saw the most mishaps to date which is why the further along the season goes, the more it seems inevitable that sports historians will find it necessary to put an *asterisk on this season’s games. Every game, no matter who is reffing, will have its share of questionable calls but it seems more and more this year that some of them have been ‘game changing’. Which leads us to our first reason why the replacement refs need to be replaced:
1. Game changing calls can, in some instances, put a team into the playoffs that shouldn’t be there and put others that should on the charter flight back home.
2. The Monday Night Football game between the Packers and the Seahawks. Two refs in the end zone and each with a different take on the game-ending play. The call that stood was, of course, incorrect, making Russell Wilson the first QB in NFL history to win a game by throwing an interception!
3. On the Redskins final drive vs the Bengals in their week #3 loss 38-31 , an unsportsmanlike conduct call by the refs resulted in a 20 yard penalty instead of 15. What’s worse is that the refs never explained who the call was against nor what the penalty was for.
4. Two ‘extra’ time outs were awarded; one to the Ravens in their game vs the Eagles in week #1 and the other to the Seahawks in the game vs the Cardinals also in the same week.
5. Oakland WR Darrius Heyward-Bey was sent to the hospital with a neck injury after Steeler safety Ryan Mundy’s helmet-to-helmet hit in the Raiders week 3 loss. No flag was thrown on the play!
6. An ESPN warning to the NFL...